Sunday, January 31, 2010

27. So, food intake. Here's the story I promised to tell a while back: I was at a resteraunt (sp?)with a good friend of mine. It was the Cheesecake Factory. They serve HUGE portions of food and they give you warm. yummy bread and butter as you wait for your food AND of course, they have incredible cheesecake for desert, which is also a huge portion! So, I had already had the bread, a fruity alcoholic drink, my huge dinner and was eating my cheesecake--as I explained to my friend that my husband and I are trying to teach our 9 year old about limits when it comes to food!!!!!! In the middle of what I was saying, I realized the ridiculousness of it--as I took another bite of my double chocolate cheesecake!!!! We laughed SO hard~and finished our cheesecake (we both had our own pieces--btw!)!!

I love good food. I have used food as a comfort since I was born , I think. I believe that God created EVERYTHING for our enjoyment. I am overweight (not grossly, but enough). I am older now and my body is not as resilient as it was when I was 15. I eat when I am angry, I eat when I am lonely. I eat when I am up late at night by myself. And I am not talkin' about veggies and fruit! I'm talkin' chips, cookies, ice cream, etc.! I'm sure I am not alone in this. There is a lot to deal with here!

I was praying recently--asking God what is behind the eating at night (pretty much all the weight I have gained is a direct result of eating junk at night). He showed me that I use it to comfort myself. Behind EVERY addiction is an unmet need. Behind every unmet need, is a deep desire that is unrealized. COMFORT huh? SO now I need to dig deeper. I am committing to thinking and praying about this, this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment